Thursday, August 4, 2011

Second chances...........not me!

As much as I believe in second chances and reform since everybody screws up at one time or another, Vick does not deserve any respect for his attempts at reform. In order to gain respect you have to truly show remorse and regret for you actions and I don't find this within him. I've seen countless interviews with him and he's proven to me that he's only sorry that he got caught, nothing more. He's stated multiple times that dog fighting is part of his up-bringing and has shown little (Convincing) concern for how cruel this very act is, meaning that since it's how he was raised that that's enough to hold him unaccountable for his actions. This is just a cop-out! Once you hit adulthood you know perfectly well what is right and wrong despite your up-bringing. I also see all of his current work as part of a plea agreement with the parole board, he's not doing what he's doing out of the kindness of his heart. He's doing it because he's being forced/compelled to!

No comments:

Post a Comment